Saturday 15 January 2011

I used to get REALLY upset by remixes of certain songs.

One Said song would be Reckoner by Radiohead, as follows;





I hope you would agree one of the best songs ever written. Al Gore agrees with me, that's why it was used as the theme of Current TV during its formative years from 2004.


Anyway, I realised that I was treating this song as though it was permanent, quantifiable and unique.


By nature songs are impermanent, transient and subject to the perception of the beholder.


And so let the remixes (and covers) commence:








wuv

Mons. Ferro

- x -

1 comment:

  1. nice selection yesss. i also particularly like flylo's remix. love the percussion in that one. and the vox out of key somehow fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTL7SuGSUX8

    ReplyDelete