Sunday 6 February 2011

Lord Francis Lobotomy's Audio Review-o-grams

Dear Sirs,

Welcome! It is I, Lord Francis Lobotomy with my synaptastical analysis of the latest releases for your pleasure.
Please find following my review of "In A While" by those young whippy cads "Beaches" on their album "Eternal Sphere".



Taking the expression "tonight we're going to party like its 1999" quite literally it feels like this jibs's already been flown by stereolab. "In a while" is a reasonable track but already a bit dated & I can't help thinking it sounds a bit like being stuck in a lift with a 16 year old wearing Doc Martins.

That said, the guitar is impressively punchy for what is essentially drone, & it isn't horrible. Yawn, the problem is when you're as old as I am you'd rather listen to some good old pioneering 90s post-rock rather than some new aged fangled post-rock.



I promise to write soon,

Your ever loving servant,

Lord Francis Lobotomy

No comments:

Post a Comment