Thursday 2 September 2010

chilli con zales

I was at Field Day (Festival) and after SMD finished some guy got up on the stage wearing a dressing gown, sat at a piano and announced " Hi, I'm Chilly Gonzales: muscial genius." I thought to myself, I like this guy's style. I listened to the first couple of songs and enjoyed them but had to leave the tent for some lame reason. Today I was checking out the line up for Bestival (if you haven't guessed, another festival) when I saw his name on the list. Thats' how I found possibly my favourite thing in the world right now:

Chilly Gonzales - I Am Europe

Chilly is a Canadian who's been hanging around in Europe for a few years now. Apparently he's toured with Peaches and does shows attended by the cool kids in Berlin. Erol Alkan and Boys Noize asked him to rework their track Waves and it sounds like this:

Đ•rol Alkan and Boys Noize-Waves (Chilly Gonzales Piano Remake)

I checked out the video for I am Europe and its got Tiga in it, this guy is connected. What I want to know is why no-one told me about him earlier. You can apologise for not letting me know about Chilly Gonzales in the comment box below.

Chilly Gonzales - Never Stop

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Warren. I'll never forget to mention someone like this again

    ReplyDelete